- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2013 Year
- Site anouncement
- Doomsday on 21 December 2012 - End of the world or the day of misunderstanding?
- And cameras are back
- We have changed our hosting.
- The observatory is off the Internet
- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2012 Year
- Iridescent cloud over the Rila Mountain
- Site changes
- Quadrantids meteor shower 2011
|Submitted by nikipetrov on 31 October, 2011 - 11:44|
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS, focal length: 40mm, f/5.0, exp. time: 1/640 sec, ISO: 80
Iridescence is an optical phenomenon of surfaces in which highly coloured changes in correspondence with the angle from the observer's point of view. Observations of clouds with iridescent colors are rare phenomenon. Iridescent clouds are a light diffraction phenomenon cause by small water droplets or small ice crystals individually scattering light.