- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2013 Year
- Site anouncement
- Doomsday on 21 December 2012 - End of the world or the day of misunderstanding?
- And cameras are back
- We have changed our hosting.
- The observatory is off the Internet
- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2012 Year
- Iridescent cloud over the Rila Mountain
- Site changes
- Quadrantids meteor shower 2011
Partial solar eclipse on 4 January 2011 will be visible from Europe, North Africa and East Asia. Eclipse will be visible from the whole territory of Bulgaria with a maximum coverage of the solar disk of about 72%. Eclipse starts at 9:03 local time in Sofia, the maximum phase of the eclipse will occur at 10:27 hours and will end at 12:03 when the lunar disk will completely leave the sun.
This partial eclipse is the first solar eclipse of 2011. Is still three, but invisible to the territory of Bulgaria. More information about the next eclipses can be found in astronomical calendar on this web page.
Different phases of the eclipse are shown in the figure below.
The figure shows the simulation as a superposition of the Sun and Moon for an observer located in Sofia.