- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2013 Year
- Site anouncement
- Doomsday on 21 December 2012 - End of the world or the day of misunderstanding?
- And cameras are back
- We have changed our hosting.
- The observatory is off the Internet
- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2012 Year
- Iridescent cloud over the Rila Mountain
- Site changes
- Quadrantids meteor shower 2011
|Submitted by nikipetrov on 2 January, 2011 - 11:21|
The night on January 3th, 2011 Quadrantids meteor shower is at it's maximum. The Quadrantids are an above average shower, with about 80 meteors per hour at their peak. Best viewing will be from a dark location after midnight. Look for meteors radiating from the constellation Bootes. For Bulgaria the constellation Bootes on Jun 3th is visible after midnight in North-East direction on the horizon (Fig. below). Quadrantids are bright, blue and enter into the Earth atmosphere fast. Themselves speed is about 41 km/s.
The sky above the horizon North-East direction in 2:30h on 4 Jan 2011 (for Bulgaria).