- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2013 Year
- Site anouncement
- Doomsday on 21 December 2012 - End of the world or the day of misunderstanding?
- And cameras are back
- We have changed our hosting.
- The observatory is off the Internet
- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2012 Year
- Iridescent cloud over the Rila Mountain
- Site changes
- Quadrantids meteor shower 2011
|Submitted by nikipetrov on 29 April, 2009 - 07:54|
This diagram shows main layers of a solar-type star. Using a neutral filter we can see from the Earth one perfect disk and this is the solar photosphere. Layers under the photosphere are invisible for us. With special instruments and filters there are possibilities to observe some phenomenon from the chromosphere (spicules, filaments, etc.). During total solar eclipses is possible to observe the solar corona.