- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2013 Year
- Site anouncement
- Doomsday on 21 December 2012 - End of the world or the day of misunderstanding?
- And cameras are back
- We have changed our hosting.
- The observatory is off the Internet
- Merry Christmas and Happy New 2012 Year
- Iridescent cloud over the Rila Mountain
- Site changes
- Quadrantids meteor shower 2011
The last three days we are observing growth of a large active region (1158). Near to center of the visible solar disk and more than 10 times Earth’s diameter, this sunspot group is able to produce a "perfect" solar storm.
Sunspot group AR1158, Image taken by Sunay Ibryamov, Konstantin Preslavsky University of Shumen, Astronomy Center
We expect to witness solar flares and beautiful auroras in the Earth's atmosphere.
More observational data:
http://www.spaceweather.com/ (14 Feb 2011)